- RPM Health Club Raises The Bar On Quality And Design (Apr 2008)
- Royal Phuket Marina plays host to The Tiger Rally 2008 (Mar 2008)
- Italian Opera And Luxury Yachts Take Centre Stage At Royal Phuket Marina (Mar 2008)
- Living Free: Maggie Q Visits RPM (Mar 2008)
- Royal Phuket Marina Awarded 'Best Interior Design' at International Property Awards (Sep 2007)
- Phuket International Marine Expo (PIMEX) Attracts Widespread Support at Royal Phuket Marina (Aug 2007)
- Royal Phuket Marina's Phase 2 Development Breaks Ground (Aug 2007)
- South African Captain Appointed "Marina Manager" at Royal Phuket Marina (Aug 2007)
- Norbert Zuber Appointed Property Sales & Marketing Director at Royal Phuket Marina (Aug 2007)
- David Simister, Chairman, CB Richard Ellis, Thailand - South China Morning Post - High Net Worth Supplement 1 June 2007 (May 2007)
- Royal Phuket Marina's Unique Aquaminium Penthouses Sell for a Record Price (May 2007)
- Phuket King's Cup Regatta voted "Asia's Yachting Event of the Year" at the annual Christofle Asia Boating Awards held in Bangkok April 2007. (Apr 2007)
- Phuket declared "Asia's Maritime Capital" at the annual Christofle Asia Boating Awards held in Bangkok April 2007. (Apr 2007)
- Pearl Beauty & Spa Opens At Royal Phuket Marina (Jan 2007)
- Royal Phuket Marina to Host PIMEX International Boat Show (Dec 2006)
- Royal Phuket Marina's 'Luxury Collection' of Aquaminium Condos and Royal Villas Come Complete with Private Yacht Berths (Dec 2006)
- Royal Phuket Marina Residential (Dec 2006)
- Luxury Lifestyle Marina Set To Become New Destination On Phuket's Eastern Seaboard (Feb 2006)
ALL ABOUT ROYAL PHUKET MARINA
WHAT IS ROYAL PHUKET MARINA?
Phuket's award winning state-of-the-art marina is the 'paradise' island's premier lifestyle destination. It is devoted to sailing, sports and leisure, with luxury residences and shopping facilities set amidst landscaped parks and gardens.
Phase 2 - will launch in spring 2007 and entail 15 four-storey Aquaminium condos, with private internal boat garages for the penthouses and private moorings on the doorstep of the two duplex condominiums.
The Boardwalk at RPM is where we shop, dine and live at leisure. Enjoy gourmet restaurants, browse specialty stores and shop for marina and boating necessities, water sports equipment and home décor
Hospitals: Bangkok Phuket Hospital, Mission Hospital / Golf: Blue Canyon, Phuket Country Club, Banyan Tree / Schools: British (Curriculum) International School / Shopping: Tesco Lotus, Big C, Macro, Index, Central Festival
Each berth offers electricity and fresh water, broadband Internet, telephone lines and cable TV. At the fuel dock, boats are provided with diesel and unleaded petrol, as well as sewage removal.
WHERE IS ROYAL PHUKET MARINA LOCATED?
Strategically located on the centre of Phuket's eastern seaboard, RPM is the gateway to Thailand's famous Phang Nga Bay and its many island paradises, with the top island amenities all in easy reach.
Gulu Lalvani, founder and chairman of Binatone Telecom Group, the world's second largest manufacturer of digital cordless phones. His vision is to create a first-class marina and lifestyle hub on par with the best in the world.
South African Captain Appointed "Marina Manager" at Royal Phuket Marina (13 Aug 2007)
Accomplished South African captain, diver and big-game fisherman Derek Van Deventer has been appointed Marina Manager at Royal Phuket Marina.
He is responsible for running all marina operations and services at Thailand's premier yachting haven.
The 37 year-old acquired his first ski-boat certificate while still at school and subsequent navigation and seamanship qualifications at college.
During National Service with the South African Navy from 1988 to 1990 he acquired further credentials as a captain and diver, including rescue diving, salvage and explosives skills.
On completing Navy Service he acquired advanced diving qualifications, up to Dive Master, along with a Captain's Certificate for dive and ski-boats, and RYA Yacht Master certification.
His work experience has included skippering commercial fishing boats, fishing charters and dive boats from South Africa to Mozambique and Goa, in India.
His experience of boat-building and maintenance extends to involvement in building the first shaft-driven sports fishing boat in South Africa, and servicing and repairs of a fleet of sports-fishing boats in Mozambique.
As a big-game fisherman, he holds the record for the most marlin caught in South Africa's Richards's Bay, and the biggest black marlin, which weighed in at 759 lbs.
He was also the top billfish captain on the east coast of Africa for four years as Water Sports Manager of Marlin Lodge on Benguera Island, off the coast of Mozambique.
He has worked as a dive instructor in Phuket, and Captain and Technical Manager for Du-Boats, the leading boating brokers in Dubai.
At Royal Phuket Marina he takes charge of one of Asia's most-state-of-the art boating facilities.
Phuket's only marina with a boat lock, non-tidal deepwater basin and private moorings on the doorstep of residences, combined with concierge-style service for owners, can accommodate 250 vessels of up to 30 metres.
The "luxury lifestyle marina" is at the forefront of Phuket's yachting establishment, hosting prestigious events including the island's annual King's Cup Regatta and Phuket International Maritime Exhibition (PIMEX).
Royal Phuket Marina has been awarded the prestigious "Five Gold Anchor" by the Yacht Harbour Association, an arm of the British Marine Federation.
In partnership with The Cruising Club International, 'The Royal Phuket Marina Cruising Club' is also the first Fractional Boat Ownership Company in Thailand, offering the opportunity to own an equity percentage of a range of luxury powerboats.
About Royal Phuket Marina
Royal Phuket Marina is Thailand's first world-class luxury lifestyle marina community, rivalling top resort communities in Europe and the Caribbean. It is located on Phuket's up-and-coming eastern seaboard overlooking scenic Phang Nga Bay.
The Marina was developed by telecom tycoon Gulu Lalvani, the founder of Binatone, the world's second largest manufacturer of digital cordless phones - in line with his vision of promoting Phuket as a world-class yachting hub in one of the world's most idyllic and accessible locations.
Following the successful sale of all 66 luxury condos and penthouses in Phase One, Royal Phuket Marina is now selling fifteen 'Aquaminium' condominium units with private, internal boat-berths and a collection of eight palatial 'Royal Villas', with up to five bedrooms, private swimming pools and doorstep moorings.
More than half of the Royal Phuket Marina development is devoted to leisure and shopping facilities, including cafes, restaurants, a fitness centre and spa, which are set amidst landscaped gardens and attractive communal areas.
The entire US$150 million Royal Phuket Marina project is due for completion in 2010.
For more information, please visit www.royalphuketmarina.com.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Tel: (852) 2810-0532
Fax: (852) 2525-7972
For Marketing & Events enquiries, please contact:
Director of Operations
Royal Phuket Marina
68 Moo 2, Thepkasattri Rd, Kohkaew
Muang Phuket 83200 Thailand
Tel: +66 (0)76 360 833-38#15
Fax: +66 (0)76 360 840
Mobile: +66 (0)81 891-1758
Subscribe to our a Property & Real Estate newsletter for updates on what's happening at Royal Phuket Marina.
View our last newsletter
Copyright © Royal Phuket Marina. All rights reserved.
Royal Phuket Marina
68 Moo 2, Thepkasattri Rd.,
Kohkaew, Muang, Phuket 83000 Thailand
Tel: +66 (0)76 360 811 - 4
Fax: +66 (0)76 360 815